Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of butter and dairy ingredients since 1904 and is looking to add a Dryer Operator to our team in Greenwood, WI. With additional facilities across Wisconsin, Nebraska and Utah, Grassland is a key player in the dairy industry dedicated to producing high quality products while maintaining a positive work environment for a driven, talent-filled team of employees.
A Dryer Equipment Operator is responsible for the efficient operation of pasteurizers, spray dryers, and evaporator systems throughout the fluid plant. This individual is expected to conduct themselves in a matter that promotes the continuous improvement of Grassland Dairy Products mission for Quality, Safety, and Efficient production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with applicable good manufacturing, safety and quality assurance practices
- Verify quality control items such as product composition, temperature, physical, and chemical properties.
- Perform daily cleaning and sanitation of equipment.
- Maintain proper documentation in all formats of recordkeeping.
- Demonstrate an understanding of products manufactured and the processes involved.
- Efficiently operate pasteurizers, nano-filtration, spray drying, and evaporator systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency and willingness to work in tight and confined spaces.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment.
- Basic understanding of flow charts and troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to operate testing equipment.
- Must have a high level of hazard recognition and ability to work in confined spaces.
- Demonstrate the Qualified Individuals responsibilities for the Preventative Control – Cleaning and Sanitation Program.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year(s) of manufacturing and industrial machine operations experience preferred.
Above the Rest Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and weekly pay period.
- Weekend double time pay and shift premiums.
- Zero premium, company-paid health, dental and life insurance.
- Short-term disability.
- Profit sharing plan with 401(k) enhancement, matched.
- On-site health care and wellness initiatives.
Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grassland complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.