Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of butter and dairy ingredients since 1904 and is looking to add Lab Technicians to our team in Greenwood, WI. With additional facilities across Wisconsin, Nebraska and Utah, Grassland is a key player in the dairy industry dedicated to producing high quality products while maintaining a positive work environment for a driven, talent-filled team of employees.
The Lab Technician will be responsible for the designated analysis of any environmental and/or incoming/outgoing product to ensure specifications are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, prepare, and analyze in process, incoming and finished products for analytical and microbiological components as required.
- Submit samples to customers and outside testing labs as required.
- Prepare agar and reagents for lab testing.
- Generate COA’s based on lab results.
- Perform plant wide quality audits & inspections to ensure all employees are complying with good manufacturing, safety, food safety and quality assurance practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and duties.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt effectively with a continually changing and demanding environment
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of Safety, Quality and Efficiency
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate the Qualified Individuals responsibilities for the Preventative Control – Cleaning and Sanitation Program.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Quality Control or Lab experience preferred.
Above the Rest Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and weekly pay period.
- Weekend double time pay and shift premiums.
- Zero premium, company-paid health, dental and life insurance.
- Short-term disability.
- Profit sharing plan with 401(k) enhancement, matched.
- On-site health care and wellness initiatives.
Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grassland complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.