Job Title: Storeroom Attendant Department: Maintenance Updated On: 9/11/2020
Reports To: Storeroom Supervisor Wages: Hourly Job Status: Full Time/Permanent
Description: The storeroom attendant is responsible for performing all tasks associated with receiving, stocking, issuing, shipping, returning and delivering of storeroom goods/parts. The storeroom attendant will perform cycle counting of in stock parts and coordinate ordering of non-stock items. This position is a first shift position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload delivery trucks manually or with use of electric forklift or hand truck
- Inspect condition and verify correct quantities of all incoming parts. Seek guidance for discrepancies in condition or quantity. (Use hand tools, electric truck or hoist to ensure proper inspection)
- Ship and return storeroom goods/parts.
- Issue in stock goods/parts and coordinate ordering of nonstock storeroom goods/parts.
- Issue shared tools
- Perform cycle counting as needed and/or per generated schedule.
- Coordinate with vendors and regional ordering centers as needed
- Maintain the area and equipment in a clean and proper manner
- Train and educate company and designated non-company employees on the utilization of storeroom functions and tasks.
- Provide support to the maintenance planners and technicians with spare parts kit building.
- Perform all expectations and duties of the job in accordance with General Plant Rules, Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality Standards, HACCP Guidelines, Proper Protective Equipment requirement, and OSHA Guidelines
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, leaders, and vendors
- Perform daily job functions with a customer service approach.
- Participate in continuous improvement procedures and activities to include training
- Ensure that the storeroom is secure at all times
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Follow all safety instructions and procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience working in an Inventory Controlled environment preferred
- Familiarity with inventory control systems, such as MP2 preferred
- Familiarity with mechanical and electrical machine components preferred
- Ability to work a straight shift (1st, 2nd or 3rd) including weekends and holidays as needed
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing required
- Ability to use computer for data entry, email and MS Word/Excel applications required
- Ability to work independently on routine assignments
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, stoop, twist and work at heights
- Ability to lift parts up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Maintain applicable Powered Industrial Vehicle Certifications
- Required to maintain valid driver’s license
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by those who hold it. By no means is this intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, responsibilities, or working conditions. Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. reserves the right to modify job descriptions as necessary. Grassland leadership will assume responsibility over any job duties in the absence of assigned personnel.
All employment at GRASSLAND DAIRY PRODUCTS, INC. is at-will and can be terminated by GRASSLAND DAIRY PRODUCTS, INC. or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.