Full Time, Permanent: 3rd Shift, Full Benefits –Medical, Dental, 401K
Description: The Print & Packaging Supervisor shall act as support staff to the Production Manager concerning the daily safety, quality, and efficiency needs of the department. The Production Supervisor will directly supervise 35-50 employees, including leads, throughout the print & packaging department while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply and enforce all applicable good manufacturing, safety, and quality assurance practices.
- Recruit, hire, motivate, and discipline production personnel, and work with manager on terminations or promotions.
- Determine shift staffing needs by area, allocate labor resources as necessary, and justify additional positions as needed.
- Arrange training for all new production employees.
- Develop leadership skills in shift leads.
- Resolve production-related problems or issues that arise and monitor reports from Quality Assurance, Maintenance, and Cost Accounting and implement corrective actions on areas of concern.
- Hold weekly staff meetings with leads to communicate company information and receive input on their issues and concerns.
- Verify quality control items such as product weights, coding, packaging, etc.
- Maintain proper documentation in all record keeping formats.
- Provide and maintain a positive team work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment.
- Demonstrates the required skill to troubleshoot technological problems related to the department.
- Exhibit the ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Takes responsibility for department activities; provides regular performance feedback; continually works to improve leadership skills.
- Demonstrate the Qualified Individuals responsibilities for Preventative Controls
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Associates Degree in Supervisory Management or related field preferred.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Maintain necessary certification for operations of powered industrial equipment.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered to meet position requirements.