Job Title: Water and Calibration Quality Technician
Reports to: Plant Water Supervisor
Full Time, Permanent: 2nd Shift, Full Benefits –Medical, Dental, 401K
Summary: The Water and Calibration Quality Technician oversees the calibration of equipment and water quality of the plant(s). This includes monitoring plant operations and programs to ensure correct water chemicals and methods are utilized as they relate to food safety, HACCP, and regulatory. The Water and Calibration Quality Technician would apply the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems that involve the production or use of water, chemicals, calibration, and waste. Research processes and equipment for the production manufacturing, plan and test production methods and byproducts treatment, and assist in directing facility operations with proper calibration of equipment and water sanitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses principles of chemistry, physics, mathematics, and economics to efficiently use, produce, transform, and transport chemicals, materials, and energy.
- Monitor cleaning records and frequencies
- Monitor accuracy of analytical testing
- Maintaining water treatment records and certifications related to the state and EPA requirements
- Maintain documentation from suppliers for chemicals related to food safety
- Manage the development, implementation, daily operation, validation and verification of the Water and Calibration Programs.
- Estimate production costs of water quality for management
- Troubleshoot problems with water and calibration processes
- Maintain and implement policies and procedures relating to cGMPs, food safety and regulatory compliance
- Conduct research to develop new and improved water and calibration processes
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Water Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of design of experiment techniques and other statistical tests.
- Capable of independently managing your own project while being part of a team
- Has strong collaborations skills – the ability to work in a close-knit dynamic organization.
- Ability to handle large quantities of projects and to multi-task. Open to doing a variety of hands-on work and wearing multiple hats.
- B.S. or M.S. of Science Degree in water /environment / chemical engineering / biotechnology engineering or related field of study